The following information is being posted on behalf of our school district’s academies coordinator to our registration blog for the benefit of families who are considering registering students for any of the Sooke School District’s academy programs for September, 2015. For further information on a specific academy, please contact the school were that academy is offered.
The following academies are currently offered:
- Belmont Secondary School
- Edward Milne Community School
- Royal Bay Secondary School
- Dunsmuir Middle School
- Journey Middle School
- Spencer Middle School
- All Academies will use an online registration system this year. Registration will begin this Friday January 30th at 6:00 a.m.
- All new academy students must use this online registration system:
- Spencer Hockey Academy 6,7 & 8 classes will be limited to 30 spaces per class for the 2015-16 school year and we will have a deadline of February 13th for students to sign up. Dunsmuir Soccer 6,7&8 will be limited to 30 spaces per class. If numbers permit another class of 30 could open. Dunsmuir Dance 6,7&8 will be limited to 24 spaces per class due to a seismic upgrade at the school. Deadline for registration in the Dunsmuir Academy programs is February 6th
- Once the online application is complete a payment of $85 is needed to finalize your application and reserve your spot in the academy program. This payment can only be made at the School Board Office at 3143 Jacklin Road. The main office counter will be ready to accept your $85 payment by cheque ( made out to SD 62 ) , debit , credit card or cash. Receipts will be issued at the time of payment.
- Since many of the academies use a written essay portion to determine final acceptance you may want to preview the current application which may be available on the school’s website (where the academy is being offered) to give your son or daughter an idea as to the question they will required to answer. If the applications are not on the individual school websites you may want to contact the schools directly to ask about the questions.
- Out of Catchment Students:
- Please follow that same registration procedure as above to reserve your space in the academy.
- In addition you will need to contact your home school principal and fill out a school transfer request from available at the school
Please use the following link to access the online registration form: http://academies.sd62.bc.ca/